Safe Hosts Internet LLP is closely monitoring the situation with regards to the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). This includes close attention to the latest guidance from the WHO (World Health Organisation), as well as from UK authorities.
In the current situation, it's important that we all take the necessary precautions to minimise the spread of the virus. Therefore, we'd like to update you on Safe Hosts' position concerning COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and the steps we're taking to ensure the safety and productivity of our employees, clients and partners.
Safe Hosts Internet LLP has taken the following measures:
- Terminated all non-essential business travel for all employees. Non-essential travel means only travel which is time-sensitive and could have a material impact from a financial, reputational or operational perspective.
- Encourage the use of virtual meeting technology and remote conference dialling to maintain business operations.
- Cancelled participation in large industry events and other gatherings until further notice. We'll continue to review this as per the advice from the appropriate authorities.
Due to the nature of our business, we understand that you may be required to visit the Safe Hosts facility to maintain your own business operations. We would kindly request that all non-essential access to the Safe Hosts facility is postponed to protect you, our employees, our clients and our partners. During this period of restriction, we'll be providing the following services, free of charge, to all clients to reduce the need to visit the facility:
- Free unlimited intelligent hands support - We have staff on-site who can follow your instructions over the phone or via support ticket should you need any work done on physical equipment.
- Free rack and stack - You send your servers directly to us, we'll rack them and get them connected, installing base OS and setting IP address/remote access where required.
- Free installation of delivered hardware and accessories - If you required physical hardware to be installed into your equipment our technical staff are able to install any hardware, please send your equipment to site and open a ticket with instructions on how it is to be installed.
- No charge on transit overage due to remote working until the end of July 2020 - Any extra transit used due to the increase in remote working will not be billed until the end of July 2020. If you have received such an overage by mistake please raise a ticket so we can credit this on your account. From the beginning of August 2020 we will be reviewing overages on a case-by-case basis. If you wish to discuss your transit commit to address any longer term increased bandwidth usage then please don't hesitate to get in touch for preferential pricing.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation. We would like to extend our thanks and support to all of our clients during this difficult time for everyone. We will continue to post updates to this statement, and announcements via the support portal.
Safe Hosts Internet LLP